Shout and Tap the individual
- If no response proceed to step 2.
- If there is a response CPR is not necessary
- Call 911
- Keep the phone near by to provide location information as well as to receive additional instruction from the 911 dispatcher
- Trained bystanders
- Provide CPR
- Push at a rate of 100-120 compressions per minute
- To a depth of 2” for adults
- 1/3 the depth of chest for infants and children
- Provide breaths at a 30:2 rate of compressions to breaths
- Check for breathing
- Continue to provide CPR until the victim begins to breath or emergency services arrive
Hopefully you never need to perform CPR but just in case this quick guide should help.
Sequence provided by: American Heart Association CPR Guidelines: quick action, more teamwork key to saving more lives